- The Act on Registration, Evaluation and etc. of Chemicals (a.k.a “K-REACH”) has been revised and will come into effect on 1 Jan 2019. The revised K-REACH legislation sets out a plan of registering existing substances over 1 ton per year in the next 12 years. It is anticipated that approximately 7,
- The Japanese “Act on the Evaluation of Chemical Substances and Regulation of Their Manufacture, etc.” is better known as the “Chemical Substance Control Law” (CSCL). Since its enactment in 1973, it has imposed strict pre-market evaluation of chemical substances to prevent environmental pollution
- Recently, Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) jointly issued a notice on the work plan of air pollution control in the autumn and winter between 2018 and 2019 in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei area (关于印发《京津冀及周边地区2018-2019年秋冬季大气污染综合治理攻坚行动方案》的通知), with a number of other State Council branches
- Takehome: Pre-confirmation on CCIP platform of chemicals before importation to Taiwan is not mandatory at present. Taiwan EPA will conduct on-site inspection of imported chemicals, with priority on inorganic & organic chemicals. Penalties will be imposed on violators with reference to Taiwan
- Taiwan EPA held a briefing session on supporting measures for registration of existing chemicals on Aug 22, 2018 with the aim of helping stakeholders understand standard registration measures before implementation of the new regulation, and to aid in timely preparation of documentation and data.
- China has disbanded the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) and established a new ministry- the ministry of Ecology and Environmental (MEE). The detailed plan was not released until recently, which specifies the responsibilities, subordinate branches and MEE staff (三定方案).
- This article will summarize China’s provincial or local standards regulating VOCs emissions in key cities/provinces.
- Chinese MEE issued a notice requiring stricter management over environmental quality monitoring facilities and organizations. Staff for producing monitor data would be lifetime accountable for the authenticity.