China’s State Council to List Five Chemicals in the Catalogue and Classification of Precursor ChemicalsOn December 5th 2017, China's State Council consented to the addition of five chemicals to the Catalogue and Classification of Precursor Chemicals, the appendix of Regulation on the Administration of Precursor Chemicals
- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) issued the Measures for the Management on the List of Priority Pollution Enterprises, requiring local environmental protection authorities to report the priority pollution
- On November 27, 2017, China NHFPC announced the approval of 6 new varieties of food related products.
- On 15 Nov 2017, the FAQs on China new chemical substances notification (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) were updated. To be in line with the new amendments on data requirements in China’s New Substance Notification Guidance
- China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) has notified WTO of RoHS2 documents, including the standard management catalogue (notification No. G/TBT/N/CHN/1219) and exemption list (notification NO.G/TBT/
- This July, China has launched a campaign to address the problem of irregular delivery and management of explosive precursor hazardous chemicals. This campaign will last until the end of 2017. 9 state departments are involved,
- Previously, ChemLinked reported on China Draft Safety Requirements for Hazardous Chemicals (hereafter referred to as “draft”) in Consumer Products (CL NEWS). During CRAC (Chemical Regulatory Annual Conference) 2017, Dr. Xia Liu from
- On November 6th, China’s MEP published Measures for Pollutants Emission Management (trail) in the conference of department affairs. The details of the measures will be released later.
- At REACH24H’s CRAC 2017 in Hangzhou on Nov 2nd, Dr. Jinzhong Wu from the Highway Transport Research Institute under the Ministry of Transport (MOT) introduced some progress of MOT in the improvement of safety management on road
- At REACH24H’s CRAC 2017, Mr. Jinhe Chen from the National Registration Center for Chemicals (NRCC) under the State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS) talked about some work that NRCC has done in recent times in regards to the
- At CRAC 2017, Ms. Ling Lu introduced the updates in the new data requirements of MEP Order 7 and how enterprises should cope with them. She also revealed some thoughts on the revision of MEP Order 7.
- On 3 Nov, China MEP issued the ninth batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2017 for public consultation. If no objections are submitted until 6 Nov 2017,
- China’s state council has notified the impending launch of the country’s 2nd National Census of Pollution Sources on Dec 31, 2017. This census aims to investigate work units and individual enterprises that are sources
- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) issued an internal notice regarding a draft of the Catalogue of Priority Chemicals (1st Batch) and sought opinions from various governmental branches and academic institutes,
- Two regulations and two national standards for environmental protection and waste management in China became effective on Oct 1st 2017.
- On 30 Sep 2017, the SCC-MEP announced on its website that the charge for new chemical substance inquiry service is reduced from 5,000 RMB per substance to 3,000 RMB per substance. It comes into effect immediately.