- Mr. Weibing Xing from China Electronics Standardization Institute (CESI) talked about the latest version of China RoHS and its implementation at ChemCon Asia 2017 in Beijing.
- Takehome: The issuance of updated Guidance for China new chemical notification is still pending. The data requirements in the revised Guidance are supposed to be published individually.
- On May 31st, Chinese Ministry of Public Security (MPS) published on its website the latest version of the Catalogue of Chemicals That Can Be Used in Explosives.
- On 2 Jun 2017, China MEP issued the fifth batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2017 for public consultation. If no objections are submitted until 4 Jun 2017
- The Initiative of Jointly Building the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road (hereinafter referred to as the “Belt and Road”) was first proposed in late 2013, aiming to strengthen regional economic
China MEP Consults on Executing Special Limitations for Air Pollutants in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei RegionOn 18th May, 2017, China MEP published a notice relating to the execution of special limitation for air pollutants in Beijin-Tianjin-Hebei region (Hereafter as BTH region) until 25th May, 2017. From
- Chinese MEP published a draft revision on the Measures on Daily-based Penalties of Environmental Protection Authorities on May 18th 2017 and proposed to make the penalty measures even harsher.
- Chinese MEP carried out three national standards on enterprises’ self-monitor of pollutants emission. These standards will go effective from June 1st 2017.
- Shanghai SEPB answered questions from the industry regarding the determination of hazardous wastes.
- Chinese Standardization Administration appends online national standards database with 2nd batch of recommended standards. The database contains over 20000 compulsory and recommended national standards now.
- A public consultation ended on 15th Apr for the newly drafted national standard “Safety requirements for hazardous chemicals in consumer products” (hereafter as “safety requirements”). This draft stipulates the prosed
- Takehome: 6 mandatory national standards will be enacted/revised before 2020. Public consultation began on April 28th and will end on May 28th, 2017
- Chinese Standardization Administration (SAC) published on its official website the draft plan of a national standard called Guidelines on Identification and Evaluation of Substances of Very High Concern. Besides
- On 19 Apr, China MEP issued the fourth batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2017 for public consultation. If no objections are submitted until 21 Apr 2017,
- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) published its development program of the national standards related to environmental protection during China’s 13th Five Years Plan (2016~2020). According to the program, about
- From 1 Apr 2017, testing institutes intending to provide eco-toxicological testing data acceptable for China new chemical notification should fill in relevant information using the newly launched “chemical test data quality