- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) issued an internal notice regarding a draft of the Catalogue of Priority Chemicals (1st Batch) and sought opinions from various governmental branches and academic institutes,
- Two regulations and two national standards for environmental protection and waste management in China became effective on Oct 1st 2017.
- On 30 Sep 2017, the SCC-MEP announced on its website that the charge for new chemical substance inquiry service is reduced from 5,000 RMB per substance to 3,000 RMB per substance. It comes into effect immediately.
- China MEP is to revise Measures on the Environmental Management of New Chemical Substance (MEP Order 7). The authority is currently accepting feedback and comments from industry to aid development of an updated regulation.
- Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (Shanghai CIQ) announced that a strict spot check of hazardous chemicals is coming on Oct 1st.
- China’s Environmental Protection Tax Law will go into effect on Jan 1st 2018. Central and local governments have both started preparing for the implementation of the Law.
- On September 11, 2017, China CFSA opened 5 new food related products to public comment. Comments should be sent to CFSA by October 11, 2017.
- At the end of July, China AQSIQ released 4 implementation rules on national inspection of food related products, involving plastics, paper and paperboard, as well as food machinery.
- Takehome: The data requirements in the revised Guidance were published individually. MEP Order 7 will be revised before the publication of its revised Guidance. Amendments on minimum data requirements are
China MEP Consults on the 8th Batch of Regular Notifications to Be Approved under China NCSN in 2017On 31 Aug, China MEP issued the eighth batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2017 for public consultation. If no objections are submitted until 2 Sep 2017,
- Chines central government is striking hard on pollution by central inspection teams. The production capacity is impaired and the price for a lot of products will climb up.
- Chinese MEP and other authorities jointly revised the Management Catalogue of Imported Solid Wastes. More solid wastes are subject to an import ban.
- On 10 Aug 2017, China MEP issued statistics on China new chemical substance notification (China NCSN). There were 70 regular notifications, 1290 simplified notifications and 14 applications for modification of registration
- After over half a year’s opinion collection and internal discussion, on July 28th 2017, MEP published the final version of the Management Catalog of Fixed Pollution Sources (2017 version).
- Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published a notice on the management of road transport of cylinders of 6 kinds of low-hazard gases. The 6 gases can be exempted from some requirements on dangerous goods if the
- ECHA published on its website on Jun 9th 2017 that the Committee for Risk Assessment (RAC) concluded that the available scientific evidence met the criteria in the CLP Regulation to classify