- In 2017, China witnessed 10% annual growth in hazardous chemical transportation with an overall volume exceeding 1.6 billion tons. More rapid growth is being hindered by insufficient railway capacity, insufficient storage, and
- Safety and Technical Requirements on Hazardous Chemical Enterprises (GB18265) is currently in the drafting stage and overseen by China Academy of Safety Science and Technology.
- In response to US president Trump’s proposed 25% tariff increase on more than 1300 types of Chinese products, China also plans to increase tariffs on US goods which includes 44 chemical products.
- By now, 17,000 domestic enterprises, 730 import companies, and 12,000 major hazard sources are registered with SAWS. The chemical accident emergency response hotline has received more than 100,000 calls.
- A new campaign called the “Two 100% campaign” was set as the priority task of 2018 of Chinese AQSIQ. The name of the campaign comes from the requirements that 100% of the imported hazardous chemicals are subject
- On Mar 29th, 2018, MEE held the first regular press conference since its establishment and the spokesman revealed that MEE would launch 7 significant campaigns in 2018.
- On 23 March 2018, the Ministry of Emergency Management was established and its official website went into service. MEM will be responsible for not only emergency management and work safety, but also regulations on
- According to the reform plan of the Chinese governmental branches under the State Council which was submitted to the 1st conference of the 13th National People’s Congress on Mar 13th, 2018, the Ministry of
- On 15 March 2018, China’s MIIT officially released Achieving Management Catalogue for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical Appliances and Electronic Products (first batch) and Exemption List for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances
- On 1 April 2018, more than 260,000 taxpayers will be subject to pollution emissions charging based on the new environmental protection tax. This will be the first quarterly tax payment since the implementation of the new tax on 1 January 2018.
- On Mar 13th, 2018, Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) published on its website the draft revision to the Implementation Rules of Regulations on Administration of Monitored Chemicals. The draft
- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection tried to clarrify some questions regarding the charge on VOCs emission under the legal framework of the Law of Environmental Protection Tax.
- According to the reform plan of the Chinese governmental branches restructure, the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) and the State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS) would no longer be kept functional. They would be
China MEP Consults on the Second Batch of Regular Notifications to Be Approved under China NCSN in 2018On 5 Mar 2018, China MEP issued the second batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2018 for public consultation. If no objections are submitted until 7 Mar 2018,
- Recently, China’s State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS) detailed progress made during 2017 in their national dust explosion prevention project. The major takeaway was that 3601 high risk enterprises have already been closed down.
- Beijing announced a temporary prohibition on the transport of dangerous goods (highly hazardous chemicals included) in the city area starting March 1st, 2018, and ending March 22, 2018. The ban is designed to ensure safety and smooth traffic during the