- Takehome: MIIT issued a new mandatory national standard: Rare Earth Productions Packing, Marking, Transport and Storage, and is currently seeking feedback from the public. The packing, marking, transport, storage and quality
China MEM to Formulate “Two Guiding Rules” on Risk Investigation of Chemical Parks and Hazardous Chemical IndustryTakehome: 1.China’s Ministry of Emergency Management is formulating “Two Guiding Rules” on risk investigation of chemical parks and hazardous chemical industry. 2. The risk associated with chemical, metal and non-
- On May 24, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) introduced three national standards on emission of air pollutants, including the Standard for Fugitive Emission of Volatile Organic Compounds
MOFCOM Initiates Expiry Review Investigation on Acetone Imported from Japan, Singapore, South Korea and TaiwanTakehome: China MOFCOM decided to conduct an expiry review investigation of anti-dumping measures on acetone imported from Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan since June 8, 2019.
- China's packaging industry is gargantuan, with over 200,000 manufacturers, involved in the production of tens of thousands of product categories.
- Takehome: NCIA released a new draft of Technical Requirement for Low VOC Content Coatings Product and sought feedback from the public. The limits of the VOC content in water-based coatings, solvent-based coatings,
- On May 29, 2019, the Department of Industry and Information Technology of Shandong Province issued a notice seeking feedback on the Administrative Measures of Shandong Province on Chemical
- Takehome: Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China (MIIT) approved 266 new industry standards on 28th May, 2019, including 4 chemical industry standards.
- Takehome: China will draft new Children’s products national standards including chemical substance migration standards and product warning/disclaimer standards.
- Starting from May 21, 2019, Shandong’s provincial government sent eight inspection groups to conduct a 10-day law compliance inspection of hazardous chemical enterprises in eight cities, including Jinan
- On May 27th, 2019, China’s Solid Waste and Chemicals Management Center (SCC) under the Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) announced that it will begin to collect information on 23 chemical substances from all relevant
- Takehome: More than 80% of hazardous chemicals manufacturers need to complete relocation and transformation before the end of 2020. The evaluation and certification of chemical parks will be a priority governmental target going
- Takehome: Notification 1. SAC issued a notification on an investigation into China’s development of foreign language versions of Chinese national standards. Notification 2. SAC also issued a
- Takehome: SAMR and MIIT released China RoHS 2: Implementation Arrangements for Compliance Assessment System to detail the compliance assessment activities. Two methods of compliance assessment are
- Takehome: MEE released the list of pilot “no-waste cities” and issued guidance documents for the compilation of local implementation schemes. The implementation of the pilot program poses numerous challenges for
- On April 2, 2019, the Department of Emergency Management of Shandong Province released the Catalogue of Prohibited Hazardous Chemicals of Shandong Province (Tranche 1) , specifying that 44 categories