- By June 2018, China will finish its rectification of industrial parks in the Yangtze River economic belt. Enterprises that meet certain criteria are required to move or shut down operations.
- On 6 February 2018, China’s MEP released the Comprehensive Catalogue for Environmental Protection (2017 edition). The catalogue includes two categories: high- polluting or environmentally-hazardous products (885 items) and
- The Spring Festival Migration of China starts on Feb 1st this year and will last until Mar 12th. To ensure safety during the great migration, many provincial governments have carried out special measures on the transport of
- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) announced at a press conference that all 45 goals have been achieved and the “air 10” campaign has been successfully completed.
- Recently, a number of leading chemical companies announced a price increase in their chemical products. Companies included BASF, LANXESS, Clariant, Hexion Inc, and Wanhua. Most of the changes will be effective at the beginning
China MEP Consults on the First Batch of Regular Notifications to Be Approved under China NCSN in 2018On 30 Jan 2018, China MEP issued the first batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2018 for public consultation. If no objections are submitted until 1 Feb
- On 18 January 2018, China's Standardization Administration of China (SAC) made a notification to WTO of its National Standard of the P.R.C, Fire Resistive Coating for Steel Structure .
- On 28 December 2017, China's MEP introduced two trial documents to specify calculations of pollutant emission amount.
- On 21 December 2017, China's MEP revised and consulted on the Measures for the Transfer of Hazardous Waste (Revised Draft) to further assist the implementation of environmental protection law.
- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) published the Measures of the Management on Pollutants Emission Permit (Trial) and the Measures took effect immediately.
- On Dec 22nd, 2017, the Ministry of Environmental Protection published a draft revision of the Measures and sought opinion from public. A new permit is introduced and some administrative procedures are simplified.
- On December 27, 2017, China MEP released 7 technical specifications on non-ferrous metal industry. The specifications went into effect immediately.
- On Dec. 27, 2017, China AQSIQ released the sampling results of food related products in 2017, involving plastic food related products, paper and paperboard materials and articles for food contact use, and food machinery.
- On Dec 28th, 2017, China's Standardization Administration (SAC) launched an online platform named “National Public Service Platform for Standards Information” which provides a range of services for free.
- The Chinese government has put a lot of effort on the improvement of environmental quality and carried out a series of environmental protection and pollution control policies. For example, the pollutants emission fee system
- On Dec 28th 2017, Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) published on its website the Catalogue of Priority Chemicals (1st Batch) and explained the risk control measures on these chemicals.