- On March 21, the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology issued a notice to solicit public comments on two new mandatory national standards for coatings, namely the Limit of Harmful Substances of Marine Coatings
- A chemical plant in Jiangsu Province was rocked by a huge explosion on Thursday afternoon, leading to the deaths of at least 62 according to the local authority.
- On Mar 14th, the National Registration Center for Chemicals (NRCC) of the Ministry of Emergency Management (MEM) issued a notice soliciting suggestions to revise the Guidance for the Implementation of China 2015 Inventory of
- On Mar 4, MEE published a ban notice  for the manufacture, circulation, use and import & export of several persistent organic pollutants conforming to the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants. It stated that from Mar
China Consults on Technical Specification for Application and Issuance of Pollutant Discharge Permit for the Waste Resources Processing IndustryOn March 4, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) issued a notice  soliciting comments on the draft of its new standard, Technical Specification for Application and Issuance of Pollutant Discharge
- Takehome:The road transport of dangerous goods has been a major focus of Chinese policymakers ever since the implementation of China ADR, JT/T617 series in Dec, 2018. The government subsequently published a notice and draft
- On Feb 25, Mr. Yu Xingyuan, the chief of freight and logistics management in MOT, made a speech regarding the “regulations and supervisions in dangerous goods road transport in China” during the “Sino-German Dangerous Goods
- On February 21, the Center for Solid Waste and Chemicals Management under the China MEE issued a notice to solicit suggestions to revise the National Catalogue of Hazardous Wastes as well as relevant information concerning the
- Recently, China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) issued the first batch of new chemical regular notifications (click here) and the second batch of simplified notifications (click here) that have been approved in
- Takehome: Pre-registration of existing substances (≥1t/y) before 30 Jun 2019 is necessary to be eligible for the phase-in registration grace period. Manufacturers/importers/OR need to pick up the pace as the pre-registration
China Consults on Safety Regulations for Prevention of Dust Explosions in Industrial and Trade EnterprisesThe MEM issued the draft Safety Regulations for Prevention of Dust Explosions in Industrial and Trade Enterprises, aiming to establish a permanent mechanism on dust explosion prevention.
- On Feb 14, 2019, China MEM (Ministry of Emergency Management) published the key work arrangement on hazardous chemicals supervision and control in 2019. The work arrangement focuses on oil-gas pipeline and fireworks
China Consults on Third Draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous GoodsOn February 15, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published the third draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous Goods for public consultation.
- MEE promulgated 1594 scientific research record notifications of new chemical substances in two batches on Jan 24 and Feb 11, 2019. Together with the data published on regular notifications and simplified notifications
21 Chemical Manufacturing Industries to be included in the New Catalogue of Encouraged Foreign Investment IndustriesOn January 1, 2019, the NDRC and the MOFCOM jointly issued a notice seeking feedback on the new Catalogue of Encouraged Foreign Investment Industries.
- On Jan 25, China MEE opened public consultation on the draft list of toxic and hazardous water pollutants (First Batch) (有毒有害水污染物名录（第一批）). The public consultation period will end on Feb 16, 2019.