- India FSSAI has stipulated that final food contact products manufactured from bamboo shall have smooth surfaces and be free from chemical contaminants.
- Recently, India’s Ministry of Finance has imposed definitive anti-dumping duty on purified terephthalic acid (PTA) imported from South Korea and Thailand.
- On June 24th, in Rajya Sabha, India’s environment minister Prakash Javadekar outlined policy steps India will take to curb pollution including an upcoming ban on import of plastic waste
- On Apr 6th 2016, Indian Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MOEFCC) published the Notification of Regulation of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) Order which will phase out and eventually ban the
- On Sep 29th 2014, India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MHFW) published draft rules, proposing to bring to an end the use of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) in drug bottles.