- Turkish Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (MOEU) intends to publish a series of guidance documents before the end of 2017 to support the implementation of KKDIK. A total of 13 guidance documents are included in the
- Taiwan EPA issued on 14 Sep 2017 a proposed revision to the Regulation of New and Existing Chemical Substances Registration. The draft proposal will be open to a 60-day public consultation.
- The U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) final rule on the TSCA Inventory Notification (Active-Inactive) Requirements was published in the Federal Register on August 11, 2017, becoming effective as of the same date.
- ChemLinked has summarized changes between the newly released 7th and the former 6th revision of UN GHS.
- South Korea’s National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER) issued NIER Announcement No. 2017-37 on 8 Sep 2017, making public the updates of hazard evaluation results for new chemical substances registered under K-
- Takehome: Five priority existing chemical substances (PECs) subject to K-REACH joint registration recently finished LR (lead registrant) election. Three PECs that previously finished LR election were deleted. So far
- Takehome: The data requirements in the revised Guidance were published individually. MEP Order 7 will be revised before the publication of its revised Guidance. Amendments on minimum data requirements are
China MEP Consults on the 8th Batch of Regular Notifications to Be Approved under China NCSN in 2017On 31 Aug, China MEP issued the eighth batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2017 for public consultation. If no objections are submitted until 2 Sep 2017,
- The Workplace Safety and Health (Major Hazard Installations) Regulations 2017 introduced by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM) took effect requiring a series of compliance duties on Major
- Takehome: Lists of approved biocidal active substances with corresponding percentage threshold are provided for spray cleaners, air fresheners and deodorants Risk concerned products should conduct product testing in
- Chines central government is striking hard on pollution by central inspection teams. The production capacity is impaired and the price for a lot of products will climb up.
- Turkish government published 3 translations of the KKDIK (Chemicals Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction) regulation and its 2 annexes.
- On 10 Aug 2017, China MEP issued statistics on China new chemical substance notification (China NCSN). There were 70 regular notifications, 1290 simplified notifications and 14 applications for modification of registration
- Thailand Department of Industrial Works (DIW) submitted a notification on Aug 10th 2017 to WTO on some changes to the List of Hazardous Chemicals under Thailand’s main chemical regulation, the Hazardous Substances
- The new “Act on Safety Management of Consumer Chemical Products and Biocides” (a.k.a “K-BPR”) and the amendments to the “Act on Registration and Evaluation of Chemicals of Korea” (a.k.a “K-REACH”) were passed by South Korea
- Note: The proposed updates have been approved by NIER Announcement No. 2017-37 (CL news). Takehome: NIER consults on hazard evaluation results of 343 new chemical substances registered under K-REACH. The hazard