- On 12 Jan 2017, South Korea’s Ministry of Environment notified the Committee on Technical Barriers to Trade under World Trade Organization (WTO) of a draft proposal on a new biocides regulation, named as “Act on Safety
- Thailand’s Ministry of Industry (MOI) announced that the industry should take risk assessment measures for some designated chemical substances. All the substances are from Annex 4 and Annex 5 to the List
- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) published the draft of the Management Catalog of Fixed Pollution Sources and sought opinion from the public, providing practical support to the Implementation
- Recently, 3 more provinces namely Jiangxi, Fujian and Yunnan implemented their own charging standards on VOCs emission. Now a total of 17 provinces and cities directly under central government have local
China MEP Consults on the First Batch of Regular Notifications to Be Approved under China NCSN in 2017On 10 Feb, China MEP issued the first batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2017 for public consultation. Certificates will be formally issued if no dissenting
- Turkey has been preparing its own REACH-like regulation since 2014, however, the regulation is still in the drafting stage and progress has been slow.
- Laos’s government passed a law on chemicals management which has been under preparation for a couple of years.
- The K-REACH Task Force published on 31 Jan 2017 a list of lead registrants (LRs) for 285 priority existing chemical substances (PECs). The LR election results were published with the name of LR in Korean, chemical name in
- Network for Strategic Response on International Chemical Management published a comparison table, in which the GHS classifications adopted by various countries were compared with Japan’s GHS standard, which
- South Korea’s Ministry of Environment (MoE) issued the MoE Notice No. 2017-31 on 25 Jan 2017, consulting on 7 non-toxic chemical substances (Given No. 2016-3-7186~2016-3-7192). Any comments are welcome before 20 Feb 2017.
- Russian Federation issued Government Decree No.1019 and passed a new regulation called “Technical Regulation on the Safety of Chemical Products. The new regulation will become effective from Jul 1st 2021 and provide the legal basis for a
- On 9 Jan 2017, South Korea’s Ministry of Environment notified the Committee on Technical Barriers to Trade under World Trade Organization (WTO) of a proposed revision to the Act on Registration and Evaluation of Chemical
- Thailand Ministry of Industry (MOI) issued a notice (B.E. 2559), making some changes to the List of Hazardous Substances under the Hazardous Substances Control Act (HSCA).
- Korea National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER) is now consulting on updates to the GHS Classification List. Published on 29 Dec 2016 by NIER Notice No. 2016-397, the classification information, pictograms,
SAWS Published Catalogue of Substances Exempted from Physical Hazards Identification and ClassificationThe Chemical’s Physical Hazards Identification and Classification Technical Committee (CITC) published the Catalogue of Substances Exempted from Physical Hazards Identification and Classification (1st batch). As a supporting
- The 3rd revision of Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) was first introduced in Australia on Jan 1st 2012 under the Work Health and Safety Law. However, the