- Taiwan’s Ministry of Labor (MOL) issued on 25 Sep 2017 the draft amendments on the PEL standards (Permissible Exposure Limits) for airborne hazardous chemicals in the workplace. The public consultation period ended on 27
- In Mar 2017, Japan’s government voted and passed the amendments to the Chemical Substance Control Law (CSCL) proposed by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and Ministry of Environment (
- Singapore's NEA proposes to control 18 types of Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) as hazardous substances under the second schedule of EPMA . The new amendments will be gazetted by 1 June 2018, and will enter into force on 1 January 2019.
- By June 2018, China will finish its rectification of industrial parks in the Yangtze River economic belt. Enterprises that meet certain criteria are required to move or shut down operations.
- On 6 February 2018, China’s MEP released the Comprehensive Catalogue for Environmental Protection (2017 edition). The catalogue includes two categories: high- polluting or environmentally-hazardous products (885 items) and
- EPA announced the implementation of the ban on asbestos in brake pads from 1 Jan 2018. Only enterprise which obtained a license before the announcement can manufacture brake pads using asbestos until that license is
- On Jan 25th, 2018, Vietnam’s Department of Chemicals under the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) held an internal conference to summarize the work in 2017 and set goals for 2018. Top priority was placed on developing and
- The registration deadline for 510 priority existing chemicals (PECs) subject to K-REACH joint registration is 30 Jun 2018. As the deadline approaches, more and more lead registrants (LR) have submitted PECs joint registration
- South Korea’s Ministry of Environment revised the Designation of Risk Concerned Products and the Safety and Labeling Standards (hereafter referred to as “standard”) and published it by MoE Announcement No.2018-12 on 22 Jan
- The Spring Festival Migration of China starts on Feb 1st this year and will last until Mar 12th. To ensure safety during the great migration, many provincial governments have carried out special measures on the transport of
- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) announced at a press conference that all 45 goals have been achieved and the “air 10” campaign has been successfully completed.
- Recently, a number of leading chemical companies announced a price increase in their chemical products. Companies included BASF, LANXESS, Clariant, Hexion Inc, and Wanhua. Most of the changes will be effective at the beginning
China MEP Consults on the First Batch of Regular Notifications to Be Approved under China NCSN in 2018On 30 Jan 2018, China MEP issued the first batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2018 for public consultation. If no objections are submitted until 1 Feb
- Updated on 31 Jan 2018, 343 priority existing chemical substances (PECs) subject to K-REACH joint registration have finished their LR election. The whole list is accessible here.
- DIW clarified some confusions that enterprises encountered during the import and export of the 23 types of hazardous chemicals newly added in the List of Hazardous Chemicals.
- Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) published a draft of the Regulations on the Management and Use of the Industrial Explosives and Explosive Precursors.