- On March 21, the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology issued a notice to solicit public comments on two new mandatory national standards for coatings, namely the Limit of Harmful Substances of Marine Coatings
- A chemical plant in Jiangsu Province was rocked by a huge explosion on Thursday afternoon, leading to the deaths of at least 78 according to the local authority.
- South Korea's National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER) is now consulting on the hazard evaluation results of new chemical substances registered under K-REACH by NIER Notice No. 2019-129. Any comments are welcome
- On Mar 14th, the National Registration Center for Chemicals (NRCC) of the Ministry of Emergency Management (MEM) issued a notice soliciting suggestions to revise the Guidance for the Implementation of China 2015 Inventory of
- On Mar 4, MEE published a ban notice  for the manufacture, circulation, use and import & export of several persistent organic pollutants conforming to the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants. It stated that from Mar
- On 11 Mar, Thailand’s Department of Industrial Works (DIW) issued a notice (B.E.2562), consulting on a proposal to make some changes to the List of Hazardous Substances under the Hazardous Substances Control Act (HSCA).
- In Mar, 2019, the Philippine Environmental Management Bureau published drafts on Additional Chemicals in Philippine Inventory of Chemical and Chemical Substances (PICCS) List  and Amendment to EMB MC2016-011 to Allow
China Consults on Technical Specification for Application and Issuance of Pollutant Discharge Permit for the Waste Resources Processing IndustryOn March 4, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) issued a notice  soliciting comments on the draft of its new standard, Technical Specification for Application and Issuance of Pollutant Discharge
- Takehome: Taiwan’s New and Existing Chemical Registration Regulation was revised. The revised regulation took effect immediately after promulgation, while the new requirements for annual reporting and the standard
- Takehome: Taiwan is to revise the Measures for Incentives for Operation of Toxic Chemicals. A draft proposal has been issued for public comments until 28 April. Major updates will be made to expand the measure’s scope to
- Takehome: Taiwan EPA listed three POPs into the Toxic Chemical Substance List. Corresponding transitional period was provided for compliance. Short-chain chlorinated paraffins (SCCPs, CAS: 85535-84-8), Decabromobiphenyl
- Three out of a package of six bills were passed by the two houses of the Australian Federal Parliament, including the Industrial Chemicals Bill 2017, the Transitional Provisions, and the Amendment Bills.
- On February 21, the Center for Solid Waste and Chemicals Management under the China MEE issued a notice to solicit suggestions to revise the National Catalogue of Hazardous Wastes as well as relevant information concerning the
- Recently, China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) issued the first batch of new chemical regular notifications (click here) and the second batch of simplified notifications (click here) that have been approved in
- In Dec, 2018, New Zealand updated the Ozone Layer Protection Amendment Regulations 2018 to align with international conventions like the Montreal Protocol and its Kigali Amendment for reducing the levels of HFCs (
- Takehome: Pre-registration of existing substances (≥1t/y) before 30 Jun 2019 is necessary to be eligible for the phase-in registration grace period. Manufacturers/importers/OR need to pick up the pace as the pre-registration