- On Mar 4, MEE published a ban notice  for the manufacture, circulation, use and import & export of several persistent organic pollutants conforming to the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants. It stated that from Mar
- In Mar, 2019, the Philippine Environmental Management Bureau published drafts on Additional Chemicals in Philippine Inventory of Chemical and Chemical Substances (PICCS) List  and Amendment to EMB MC2016-011 to Allow
- Takehome:The road transport of dangerous goods has been a major focus of Chinese policymakers ever since the implementation of China ADR, JT/T617 series in Dec, 2018. The government subsequently published a notice and draft
- In Dec, 2018, New Zealand updated the Ozone Layer Protection Amendment Regulations 2018 to align with international conventions like the Montreal Protocol and its Kigali Amendment for reducing the levels of HFCs (
China Consults on Third Draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous GoodsOn February 15, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published the third draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous Goods for public consultation.
- On Jan 8th, 2019, China Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) opened the consultation on the draft Regulations on Chemical Substance Environmental Risk Assessment and Control. The public consultation period will end on
- On Jan 3, 2019, MEE published a notice on 2019 quota allocation for ODS (Ozone Depleting Substances) manufacture, use and import, involving 6 HCFCs and carbon tetra chloride.
- Over the last couple of years China has incrementally increased the stringency and inclusivity of its multilateral embargo on imported wastes with a view to realizing a total ban on the import of overseas waste by 2020.
- On Dec 22, Department of Customs of the Chinese Ministry of Finance published the adjustment scheme on 2019 import/export tariffs. Adjustments will be conducted in two stages involving the temporary
- On Dec 4th, 2018, Thailand Hazardous Substances Management Division under the Department of Industrial Works (DIW) opened the draft revisions to the Hazardous Substances Act to public consultation. The consultation
Exemption Criteria under China Road Transport of Dangerous Goods Regulations - JT/T617-2018： Small QuantityChina’s new RTDG regulation JT/T617-2018 adds exemptions for dangerous goods transport in the general provision which will reduce the compliance obligations and financial burdens for relevant stakeholders. Although it doesn’t
- On Jun 13th, 2018, Japan published the revised Food Sanitation Law. In the amended version, Japan introduced the positive list system for food contact material to replace the current negative list. Recently on October 15th, 2018
- Recently, DENR-EMB issued a chemical control order on cadmium and cadmium compounds for public consulting and will pose more regulatory obligations on the whole supply chain of cadmium compounds apart from the Priority
- On Sep 24, 2018 China published its White Paper detailing the potential impacts of its ongoing trade disputes with the US, just several days after the US imposed an additional $200 billion worth of import tariffs on Chinese products on
- On Sep 29th, 2018, China State Council issued a notice announcing that some articles of 10 administrative regulations have been amended, including State Council Decree No.445, the Regulations on the Administration of
- In March of 2018, China’s State Council outlined its plans for sweeping institutional reforms which would significantly impact administration of China’s various industries in addition to significantly