- On Jan 8th, 2019, China Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) opened the consultation on the draft Regulations on Chemical Substance Environmental Risk Assessment and Control. The public consultation period will end on
- On Jan 3, 2019, MEE published a notice on 2019 quota allocation for ODS (Ozone Depleting Substances) manufacture, use and import, involving 6 HCFCs and carbon tetra chloride.
- Over the last couple of years China has incrementally increased the stringency and inclusivity of its multilateral embargo on imported wastes with a view to realizing a total ban on the import of overseas waste by 2020.
- On Dec 22, Department of Customs of the Chinese Ministry of Finance published the adjustment scheme on 2019 import/export tariffs. Adjustments will be conducted in two stages involving the temporary
- On Dec 4th, 2018, Thailand Hazardous Substances Management Division under the Department of Industrial Works (DIW) opened the draft revisions to the Hazardous Substances Act to public consultation. The consultation
Exemption Criteria under China Road Transport of Dangerous Goods Regulations - JT/T617-2018： Small QuantityChina’s new RTDG regulation JT/T617-2018 adds exemptions for dangerous goods transport in the general provision which will reduce the compliance obligations and financial burdens for relevant stakeholders. Although it doesn’t
- On Jun 13th, 2018, Japan published the revised Food Sanitation Law. In the amended version, Japan introduced the positive list system for food contact material to replace the current negative list. Recently on October 15th, 2018
- Recently, DENR-EMB issued a chemical control order on cadmium and cadmium compounds for public consulting and will pose more regulatory obligations on the whole supply chain of cadmium compounds apart from the Priority
- On Sep 24, 2018 China published its White Paper detailing the potential impacts of its ongoing trade disputes with the US, just several days after the US imposed an additional $200 billion worth of import tariffs on Chinese products on
- On Sep 29th, 2018, China State Council issued a notice announcing that some articles of 10 administrative regulations have been amended, including State Council Decree No.445, the Regulations on the Administration of
- In March of 2018, China’s State Council outlined its plans for sweeping institutional reforms which would significantly impact administration of China’s various industries in addition to significantly
- On Aug 28th, 2018, Shanghai Customs started using a new management system for customs inspection and clearance. Initially, it is expected that inspection and examination will be more difficult for enterprise ,
- Recently, the Vietnam government issued a notice and made some small amendments to its Chemical law. The concept of "master plan for the development of the chemical industry" has been removed from the Law.
- From 21 July 2018, NICNAS has implemented new fees and charges for the year 2018 and 2019. The increased fee and charges to be paid by industrial chemical importers and manufacturers will recover the cost of administering NICNAS.
- On 9 Jul 2018, China MEE issued the 6th batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2018 for public consultation.
- The Australian government has deferred commencement of the new AICIS (new Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme) until 1 July 2019.