- Takehome： Japan announced that it will remove South Korea from the “whitelist” in the Export Trade Management Order through an amendment act, and South Korea’s imports from Japan will lose preferential treatment.
- On June 19, the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) released an amendment to the Cabinet Order on the Designation of Poisonous and Deleterious Substances,  adding eight substances into the Deleterious
MOFCOM Initiates Expiry Review Investigation on Acetone Imported from Japan, Singapore, South Korea and TaiwanTakehome: China MOFCOM decided to conduct an expiry review investigation of anti-dumping measures on acetone imported from Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan since June 8, 2019.
- A container ship berthed at Thailand’s Laem Chabang port was decimated by a fire and explosion on May 25, 2019, leaving 25 people injured and as many as 130 hospitalized. According to the Department of Disaster
- A total of 187 nations — nearly every country in the world — agreed on May 10, 2019 to curb flow of plastic waste into poorer countries, the United Nations said.
- Takehome: Starting on March 23, 2019 China MOFCOM reinstated anti-dumping measures on resorcinol imported from Japan and the United States which will run for five years. The anti-dumping tax rate is 40.5% for Japanese
- The US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced the implementation of 25% tariffs (up from 10%) on the third tranche of Chinese imports starting from 12:01 am on May 10th.
- Recently, the Philippine Environment Management Bureau (EMB) issued a circular  to clarify provisions with regard to cyanide and cyanide compounds in the Chemical Control Order (CCO), specifically procedural
- On April 1, the Zhangjiagang Win Hanverky Container Terminal Co., Ltd. released a notice that, upon the request of the Zhangjiagang Environmental Protection Agency, the company will pause the loading and unloading
- On Mar 4, MEE published a ban notice  for the manufacture, circulation, use and import & export of several persistent organic pollutants conforming to the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants. It stated that from Mar
- In Mar, 2019, the Philippine Environmental Management Bureau published drafts on Additional Chemicals in Philippine Inventory of Chemical and Chemical Substances (PICCS) List  and Amendment to EMB MC2016-011 to Allow
- Takehome:The road transport of dangerous goods has been a major focus of Chinese policymakers ever since the implementation of China ADR, JT/T617 series in Dec, 2018. The government subsequently published a notice and draft
- In Dec, 2018, New Zealand updated the Ozone Layer Protection Amendment Regulations 2018 to align with international conventions like the Montreal Protocol and its Kigali Amendment for reducing the levels of HFCs (
China Consults on Third Draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous GoodsOn February 15, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published the third draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous Goods for public consultation.
- On Jan 8th, 2019, China Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) opened the consultation on the draft Regulations on Chemical Substance Environmental Risk Assessment and Control. The public consultation period will end on
- On Jan 3, 2019, MEE published a notice on 2019 quota allocation for ODS (Ozone Depleting Substances) manufacture, use and import, involving 6 HCFCs and carbon tetra chloride.