- Takehome: Vietnam submitted the draft of “National Technical Regulation on Safety of Secondary Lithium Batteries” to WTO for comments collection. The draft describes the quality certification requirements of
- Takehome: The draft amendments of MEP Order 7 were issued for public consultation. Exemptions are offered to small volume new substances imported or manufactured in volumes under 100kg a year for R&D purposes. The draft
- South Korea’s pre-registration of existing chemical substances ended on 30 June 2019. The Ministry of Environment (MoE) then issued on Jul 8th a notice which grants registrants a chance to directly supplement or update the
- Takehome： Japan announced that it will remove South Korea from the “whitelist” in the Export Trade Management Order through an amendment act, and South Korea’s imports from Japan will lose preferential treatment.
- Taiwan is to prohibit the manufacture, importation and export of a range of mercury-added products in accordance with the Minamata Convention on Mercury from Jan 1st, 2021.
- Takehome: SAMR and MIIT released China RoHS 2: Implementation Arrangements for Compliance Assessment System to detail the compliance assessment activities. Two methods of compliance assessment are
- On June 24th, in Rajya Sabha, India’s environment minister Prakash Javadekar outlined policy steps India will take to curb pollution including an upcoming ban on import of plastic waste
- In accordance with the requirements of the amended Act on Registration and Evaluation of Chemicals of Korea (K-REACH), notification of products containing priority management substances (including hydrates) is required before
- Takehome: Starting on June 28, 2019 China MOFCOM reinstated anti-dumping measures on toluidine imported from EU. The anti-dumping tax rate is 19.6% for LANXESS Deutschland GmbH and 36.9% for all other EU companies.
- China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) has reopened the supplementation of China’s Inventory of Existing Chemical Substances (IECSC). The scope of this new round of IECSC supplementation is the same as the last one,
- On June 14, 2019, the Chemical Safety Support Team (https://www.chemnavi.or.kr/) under the South Korean Ministry of Environment gave explanations on the pre-registration of polymers in existing chemical substances.  (1)
- Speaking at ChemCon held in Seoul on Jun 19, Mr. Le Viet Thang from Vietnam Chemicals Agency under the Ministry of Industry and Trade introduced Vietnam’s annual reporting system of chemicals. According to Mr
- Takehome: Measures for the Environmental Management of New Chemical Substances (MEP Order 7) is under revision and the proposed amendments will be issued soon. China’s Chemicals Management Plan introduces
MOFCOM Initiates Expiry Review Investigation on Acetone Imported from Japan, Singapore, South Korea and TaiwanTakehome: China MOFCOM decided to conduct an expiry review investigation of anti-dumping measures on acetone imported from Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan since June 8, 2019.
- The amended K-REACH requires all existing substances that are manufactured or imported in quantities at or above one tonne per year to be registered. Existing chemical substances pre-registered before Jun 30th, 2019 will be
- A container ship berthed at Thailand’s Laem Chabang port was decimated by a fire and explosion on May 25, 2019, leaving 25 people injured and as many as 130 hospitalized. According to the Department of Disaster