- Takehome: Chinese authorities unearthed a major environmental scandal involving the illegal use of thousands of tons of toxic waste materials in a land reclamation project in Taixing City, Jiangsu. In an attempt to defraud and
China Releases GB 18218-2018 to Adjust Regulation concerning Major Hazard Installations for Hazardous ChemicalsOn November 19, Chinese State Administration for Market Regulation and Standardization Administration announced the release of the revised Identification of Major Hazard Installations for Hazardous Chemicals (GB 18218-2018). It will
- From November 3 to 12, three major accidents associated with hazardous chemicals occurred in three provinces of China. The death toll currently stands at 20 dead and a further 13 were injured.
- ChemLinked wants to clarify and inform our readers that there’s no such thing as a “2017 version” of the hazardous chemicals inventory and the latest and currently enforcable version of the inventory of hazardous chemicals
- Chinese Standardization Administration (SAC) and the former Safety Administration of Work Safety (SAWS) jointly issued the Construction Program of the Safety Standards System of Hazardous
- On Jun 5th, 2018, Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) announced on its website the draft revisions to the Measures of Production License of Civil Explosives. The revisions follow the State Council’
- The Spring Festival Migration of China starts on Feb 1st this year and will last until Mar 12th. To ensure safety during the great migration, many provincial governments have carried out special measures on the transport of
- Previously, ChemLinked reported on China Draft Safety Requirements for Hazardous Chemicals (hereafter referred to as “draft”) in Consumer Products (CL NEWS). During CRAC (Chemical Regulatory Annual Conference) 2017, Dr. Xia Liu from
- At REACH24H’s CRAC 2017 in Hangzhou on Nov 2nd, Dr. Jinzhong Wu from the Highway Transport Research Institute under the Ministry of Transport (MOT) introduced some progress of MOT in the improvement of safety management on road
- At REACH24H’s CRAC 2017, Mr. Jinhe Chen from the National Registration Center for Chemicals (NRCC) under the State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS) talked about some work that NRCC has done in recent times in regards to the
- Chinese Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) issued an internal notice regarding a draft of the Catalogue of Priority Chemicals (1st Batch) and sought opinions from various governmental branches and academic institutes,
- Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (Shanghai CIQ) announced that a strict spot check of hazardous chemicals is coming on Oct 1st.
- On May 31st, Chinese Ministry of Public Security (MPS) published on its website the latest version of the Catalogue of Chemicals That Can Be Used in Explosives.
- The Initiative of Jointly Building the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road (hereinafter referred to as the “Belt and Road”) was first proposed in late 2013, aiming to strengthen regional economic
- Shanghai SEPB answered questions from the industry regarding the determination of hazardous wastes.
- Chinese Standardization Administration (SAC) published on its official website the draft plan of a national standard called Guidelines on Identification and Evaluation of Substances of Very High Concern. Besides