- Takehome: South Korea MOEL conducted investigations into 51 Daewoo E&C construction sites and published the investigation results.
- Takehome: Four OSHA’s enforcement rules were revised and the drafts are open for public comments until 3 June. Amendments focus on increased liability for company representatives and contractors, prohibition on
- Takehome: Amendments regarding SDS submission and CBI application have been passed and incorporated into the revised K-OSHA as Law No. 16272 on Jan 15th, 2019. The new SDS rules will come into force two years after promulgation. South
- On 2 Apr of 2018, South Korea’s Ministry of Employment and Labor (MoEL) issued by MOEL Announcement No.2018-139 a list of new chemical substances registered under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) in 2017.
- On 9 Feb 2018, South Korea's Ministry of Employment and Labour (MoEL) issued a draft revision of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (K-OSHA) for public consultation until 21 March. The proposed updates introduced a new SDS
- On 24 Mar, South Korea’s MoEL issued 322 new chemical substances registered under Korea OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) in the year of 2016, of which 81 substance are classified as “acute toxicity” or “
Korea Mandating Voluntary Reporting on Hazards and Risks of New Chemicals Manufactured or Imported in Previous Year by 21 Nov 2015According to Korea OSHA, anyone who intends to manufacture or import a new chemical substance should submit a review report on the hazards and risks of the substance 45 days prior to actual manufacture or import activities