Taiwan Releases the Permit Registration and Approval Regulations for Toxic and Concerned Chemical SubstancesTakehome: Taiwan EPA released the revised Permit Registration and Approval Regulations for Toxic and Concerned Chemical Substances and repealed the Approval Regulations for Class 4 Toxic Chemical
Taiwan Publishes Revised Principles for Screening and Identification of Toxic Substances and Substances of ConcernOn December 23rd, 2019, Taiwan EPA announced the amendments of the Principles for Screening and Identification of Toxic Chemical Substances. The Principles were updated according to the new Toxic and Concerned Chemical
- Takehome: Taiwan will incentivize the use of non-animal tests for new and existing chemical registration. Discounts on registration fee will be offered to promote use of non-animal testing. No changes to current legislation
- Takehome: 2020 is just around the corner and marks the beginning of the window for standard registration of PECs in Taiwan. The Guidance for Standard Registration of Priority Existing Chemicals was initially drafted in March
- Takehome: Taiwan’s transportation management regulation for regulated toxic substances and chemicals of concern is under revision Taiwan EPA would align the regulation with the new TCCSCA, previously known as Taiwan TCSCA
- Takehome: Taiwan introduced the new Toxic and Concerned Chemical Substances Control Act Enforcement Rules to align with Taiwan TCCSCA. The revised Enforcement Rules will come into effect on Jan 16th, 2020, the same
- Takehome: Purchasing data for use in Taiwan REACH or K-REACH registration from EU REACH data owners is hindered by communication difficulties and lack of cross regional data sharing standards. Big companies may decline joint registration in
- Takehome: Taiwan’s SIEF-like platform was released. Its functions are limited to finding co-registrants. Procedures for updating the volume of manufacture/importation submitted in phase 1 registration of existing chemicals haven’t been
- Takehome: Taiwan published 420 FAQs on its New and Existing Chemical Registration Regulation on Aug 28th, 2019. Companies need more guidance on what to do next, including seminars, FAQs, supporting documents, etc.
- Takehome: Three regulations for management of toxic chemicals and concerned chemicals in Taiwan were revised and issued for public consultation (ending Oct 7th). Approval management of Class 4 toxic
- Taiwan is to prohibit the manufacture, importation and export of a range of mercury-added products in accordance with the Minamata Convention on Mercury from Jan 1st, 2021.
- Takehome: Taiwan is to revise the Toxic Chemical Substances Control Act Enforcement Rules. A draft proposal has been issued for public comments until 15 June. Major updates will be made to align with the new Toxic and
- Takehome: Taiwan’s New and Existing Chemical Registration Regulation was revised. The revised regulation took effect immediately after promulgation, while the new requirements for annual reporting and the standard
- Takehome: Taiwan is to revise the Measures for Incentives for Operation of Toxic Chemicals. A draft proposal has been issued for public comments until 28 April. Major updates will be made to expand the measure’s scope to
- Takehome: Taiwan EPA listed three POPs into the Toxic Chemical Substance List. Corresponding transitional period was provided for compliance. Short-chain chlorinated paraffins (SCCPs, CAS: 85535-84-8), Decabromobiphenyl
- Takehome: Taiwan’s Toxic Chemical Substance Control Act was revised and renamed as the Toxic and Chemical Substances of Concern Control Act. The new act will take effect one year after the promulgation, while Article 7,