- Takehome: Japanese Official Gazette published the latest version of standards for GHS classification and labelling and SDS preparation. The revisions are made to align with UN GHS Rev.6.
- Japanese National Institute of Technology and Evaluation (NITE) published on its website the latest version of GHS classification in fiscal year 2016/2017
- Japanese MHLW conducted a survey on preparation of SDSs and a lot of problems were revealed. The authorities recommends the industry establish a digital system for SDSs.
- Network for Strategic Response on International Chemical Management published a comparison table, in which the GHS classifications adopted by various countries were compared with Japan’s GHS standard, which
- Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare recently announced the decision of adding 27 substances to Appended Table 9 of the Order for Enforcement of Industrial Safety and Health Law.
- Japan mandates chemical suppliers to fulfill GHS-related obligations under multiple laws and regulations, among which the Industrial Safety and Health Law (ISHL) is the overarching legislation for
Japan Chemical Industry Association Publishes Chemical Label Preparation Guidance under Revised ISHLOne of the major changes brought