- On December 24, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published a notice , announcing revisions to 13 ministerial orders and documents. One of them is the Provisions on the Administration of the Road Transport of
- Takehome: The China MOT, together with several other agencies, jointly issued the official version of the Measures for Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous Goods. As the first document providing systematic rules
- Takehome: The UN38.3 Test Summary for lithium batteries is required to be provided by manufacturers or retailers from 1st January 2020. Based on the actual implementation, suggestions were made to the relevant
- Takehome: China has made great institutional efforts to ensure safe road transport of dangerous goods. The Measures for Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous Goods is expected to be published soon and take
- Takehome: China MOT released the new draft of Regulations on the Management of Domestic Waterway Transport. Some provisions involving dangerous goods transport were added.
- Takehome: Zhejiang released a notice mandating that hazardous chemical transport vehicles will be prohibited from driving on the highways within the province from 0 a.m. to 6 a.m.
China MOT Consults on Program for Management of Atmospheric Tank Vehicles for Transporting Liquid Dangerous GoodsOn July 5, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) released a notice to seek feedback on the Program for Management of Atmospheric Tank Vehicles for Transporting Liquid Dangerous Goods. The public
- A container ship berthed at Thailand’s Laem Chabang port was decimated by a fire and explosion on May 25, 2019, leaving 25 people injured and as many as 130 hospitalized. According to the Department of Disaster
- Takehome:The road transport of dangerous goods has been a major focus of Chinese policymakers ever since the implementation of China ADR, JT/T617 series in Dec, 2018. The government subsequently published a notice and draft
- On Feb 25, Mr. Yu Xingyuan, the chief of freight and logistics management in MOT, made a speech regarding the “regulations and supervisions in dangerous goods road transport in China” during the “Sino-German Dangerous Goods
China Consults on Third Draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous GoodsOn February 15, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published the third draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous Goods for public consultation.
Exemption Criteria under China Road Transport of Dangerous Goods Regulations - JT/T617-2018： Small QuantityChina’s new RTDG regulation JT/T617-2018 adds exemptions for dangerous goods transport in the general provision which will reduce the compliance obligations and financial burdens for relevant stakeholders. Although it doesn’t
- On Nov 21st, China MOT releases JT/T 617 series on official website. JT/T 617, Regulations concerning road transportation of dangerous goods (危险货物道路运输规则), is the first integrated regulations for Road TDG in China. It will soon
- On Nov, 4th, a chemical leak of 6.97 metric tons of C9 happened in Quangang in Fujian Province in East China. The spill garnered significant attention amongst Chinese netizens not for the inherent dangers posed by C9, but rather for by the
- In China, there are over 300,000 hazardous chemical enterprises. 95% of all chemical raw materials are transported across the country. According to a presentation made by Mr. Zhang Qiang during REACH24h’s Chemical Regulatory Affairs Conference 2018, two
- During CRAC 2018, REACH24H Group invited Mr. Chan (former MOT official) to share his opinion and suggestion on the transport and use of small packages of dangerous goods.