- Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) issued a notice on a revision to the Cabinet Order for Enforcement of Industrial Safety and Health Act and sought opinion from the public. The public
- Published on 5 Apr 2017 by MoE Notice No.2017-271, South Korea’s Ministry of Environment (MoE) is now consulting on the newly supplemented restricted conditions of one type of restricted substances.
- On 7 Mar 2017, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration of Taiwan (OSHA) made public the recommended GHS classifications for about 3,000 hazardous substances. The list is accessible here.
- Japanese MHLW conducted a survey on preparation of SDSs and a lot of problems were revealed. The authorities recommends the industry establish a digital system for SDSs.
- Thailand adopted UN GHS 3rd revision on Mar 13th 2012. The implementation on mixtures was given a 5-year grace period and the GHS requirements will extend to mixtures soon on Mar 13th 2017.
- Network for Strategic Response on International Chemical Management published a comparison table, in which the GHS classifications adopted by various countries were compared with Japan’s GHS standard, which
SAWS Published Catalogue of Substances Exempted from Physical Hazards Identification and ClassificationThe Chemical’s Physical Hazards Identification and Classification Technical Committee (CITC) published the Catalogue of Substances Exempted from Physical Hazards Identification and Classification (1st batch). As a supporting
- The 3rd revision of Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) was first introduced in Australia on Jan 1st 2012 under the Work Health and Safety Law. However, the
- On 26th of Aug 2016 South Korea updated the GHS classification criteria as well as the classification and labeling information of some substances by NIER Announcement 2016-15. The updates became effective immediately after the
- In 2013, MOI published Regulation No.23/M-IND/PER/4/2013 and made some amendments to Regulation No.87-2009, including the implementation of mandatory GHS requirements for all mixtures beginning on Dec
- On 30 Sep 2016, South Korea’s Ministry of Environment (MoE) announced the updates of Restricted Chemical Substances List by MoE Announcement No.2016-190. The detailed updates are specified as below:
- On 31 Oct 2016, South Korea’s National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER) announced the updates of GHS Classification List by NIER Announcement No.2016-22.
- Taiwan's Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI) of the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) has finalized changes to 11 of the 28 CNS 15030 serial standards. The new CNS 15030 standards have been revised to align