China MOT Consults on Program for Management of Atmospheric Tank Vehicles for Transporting Liquid Dangerous GoodsOn July 5, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) released a notice to seek feedback on the Program for Management of Atmospheric Tank Vehicles for Transporting Liquid Dangerous Goods. The public
- Takehome:The road transport of dangerous goods has been a major focus of Chinese policymakers ever since the implementation of China ADR, JT/T617 series in Dec, 2018. The government subsequently published a notice and draft
- On Feb 25, Mr. Yu Xingyuan, the chief of freight and logistics management in MOT, made a speech regarding the “regulations and supervisions in dangerous goods road transport in China” during the “Sino-German Dangerous Goods
China Consults on Third Draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous GoodsOn February 15, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published the third draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous Goods for public consultation.
- China MOT issued 11 transport industry standards, made revisions to JT/T 999-2015, and repealed 4 other industry standards at the same time.
Exemption Criteria under China Road Transport of Dangerous Goods Regulations - JT/T617-2018： Small QuantityChina’s new RTDG regulation JT/T617-2018 adds exemptions for dangerous goods transport in the general provision which will reduce the compliance obligations and financial burdens for relevant stakeholders. Although it doesn’t
- During CRAC 2018, REACH24H Group invited Mr. Chan (former MOT official) to share his opinion and suggestion on the transport and use of small packages of dangerous goods.
- On 6 September 2018, China MOT officially published the Regulation on Road Transportation of Dangerous Goods (JT/T 617).
- On 1 August 2018, MOT published the standard Safety technical specifications for a commercial vehicle carrying dangerous goods (危险货物道路运输营运车辆安全技术条件) for public feedback. The consultation will close on 20 Aug 2018.
- In 2017, China witnessed 10% annual growth in hazardous chemical transportation with an overall volume exceeding 1.6 billion tons. More rapid growth is being hindered by insufficient railway capacity, insufficient storage, and
- A new campaign called the “Two 100% campaign” was set as the priority task of 2018 of Chinese AQSIQ. The name of the campaign comes from the requirements that 100% of the imported hazardous chemicals are subject
- Beijing announced a temporary prohibition on the transport of dangerous goods (highly hazardous chemicals included) in the city area starting March 1st, 2018, and ending March 22, 2018. The ban is designed to ensure safety and smooth traffic during the
- The Spring Festival Migration of China starts on Feb 1st this year and will last until Mar 12th. To ensure safety during the great migration, many provincial governments have carried out special measures on the transport of
- At REACH24H’s CRAC 2017 in Hangzhou on Nov 2nd, Dr. Jinzhong Wu from the Highway Transport Research Institute under the Ministry of Transport (MOT) introduced some progress of MOT in the improvement of safety management on road
- Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published a notice on the management of road transport of cylinders of 6 kinds of low-hazard gases. The 6 gases can be exempted from some requirements on dangerous goods if the
- On Oct 24th, China Ministry of Transport (MOT) issued the draft of Provisions on Safety Management of Dangerous Goods at Ports for consultation and public feedback. This is the second draft MOT published,