- Takehome: South Korea MOEL conducted investigations into 51 Daewoo E&C construction sites and published the investigation results.
- Takehome: Four OSHA’s enforcement rules were revised and the drafts are open for public comments until 3 June. Amendments focus on increased liability for company representatives and contractors, prohibition on
- Taiwan’s Occupational Safety and Health Authority under MoL issued in Dec 2018 a list of 572 substances subject to Phase 2 management of “priority management chemicals”, which will come into force on 1 Apr 2019. The list
- On 15 Mar, Taiwan MoL issued a draft list of 594 priority management chemical substances for public consultation until 31 Mar 2018. The final list is expected to be issued this year.
- Taiwan’s Ministry of Labor (MOL) issued on 25 Sep 2017 the draft amendments on the PEL standards (Permissible Exposure Limits) for airborne hazardous chemicals in the workplace. The public consultation period ended on 27
- After two year's preparation, SAWS published a draft of the Regulation on the Implementation of Work Safety Law for public feedback. The consultation period will end on Feb 6th 2017.
- 4,4'-Methylene-bis(2-chloroaniline) (MOCA, CAS#101-14-4) is a substance used as a curing agent in waterproof materials. It is associated with the development of bladder cancer as seen in 5 workers in a Japanese chemical