- Takehome: Chinese authorities released new rules to tighten restrictions on the production, sale and use of disposable plastic products and ease environmental challenges associated with plastics. A
- Takehome: A new draft revision of the Inventory of Hazardous Wastes was published for public comments. More exemptions were drafted. Three months after China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) released the last draft revision of the Inventory of
MEM Officially Issues the Guideline for Hazchem Enterprises on Emergency Preparations for Production Safety AccidentsTakehome: The Guideline introduces the fourteen essential factors in the emergency preparation and provides a worksheet containing the specifics of these factors as annex for reference. The emergency management
- Takehome: The 21st Tripartite Environment Ministers Meeting was held in Japan, during which environment ministers of China, Japan and South Korea adopted the new priority cooperation areas for the next
- Takehome： The South Korea approval document on the Minamata Convention was completed and submitted to the United Nations on 22nd November. The requirements in the approval document are scheduled to enter into effect 90
- Takehome: Shanghai has expanded both the scope of industries subject to air pollutant management measures and increased the stringency of requirements beyond the mandatory stipulations
- Takehome: China issued the 2019-2020 Comprehensive Action Plan for Air Pollution Control during Fall and Winter in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region and Nearby Areas, committing to facilitate continued
- Takehome: China MEE issued a notice to solicit information concerning six POPs which will be subject to prohibitive or restrictive measures adopted by the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
- Takehome: The China MEE issued a notice to consult on its management measures for pollutant emissions of stationary pollution sources, aiming to subject all such sources to the pollutant emissions permit system. The draft
- Takehome A draft revision of the National Inventory of Hazardous Waste has been published for public comments. The National Inventory of Hazardous Waste and the exemption list have been updated.
- Takehome: Taiwan introduced the new Toxic and Concerned Chemical Substances Control Act Enforcement Rules to align with Taiwan TCCSCA. The revised Enforcement Rules will come into effect on Jan 16th, 2020, the same
- On July 30th, 2019, Standardization Administration of China (SAC) publicly announced the schedule for development of “The Norm of Carbon Emission Caps per Unit Product of Petroleum and Chemical Industry” on the national
- On July 9th 2019, the Department of Ecology and Environment of Jiangsu Province released a notice opening the public feedback period on the draft version of Environmental Accident Risk Assessment Guide for Industrial Park. The
- On Jul 23th, 2019, China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) published on its website the List of Toxic and Hazardous Water Pollutants (1st Batch) .
- On July 23, 2019, Hainan Province issued a Notice to seek public feedback on the Inventory of Single-use Non-biodegradable Plastics Prohibited from Production, Sale and Use (Batch1) . The
- On July 11, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) and the Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) sent a notice  to local authorities in charge of development and reform and