- Takehome: The China MEE issued a notice to consult on its management measures for pollutant emissions of stationary pollution sources, aiming to subject all such sources to the pollutant emissions permit system. The draft
- Takehome A draft revision of the National Inventory of Hazardous Waste has been published for public comments. The National Inventory of Hazardous Waste and the exemption list have been updated.
- Takehome: Taiwan introduced the new Toxic and Concerned Chemical Substances Control Act Enforcement Rules to align with Taiwan TCCSCA. The revised Enforcement Rules will come into effect on Jan 16th, 2020, the same
- On July 30th, 2019, Standardization Administration of China (SAC) publicly announced the schedule for development of “The Norm of Carbon Emission Caps per Unit Product of Petroleum and Chemical Industry” on the national
- On July 9th 2019, the Department of Ecology and Environment of Jiangsu Province released a notice opening the public feedback period on the draft version of Environmental Accident Risk Assessment Guide for Industrial Park. The
- On Jul 23th, 2019, China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) published on its website the List of Toxic and Hazardous Water Pollutants (1st Batch) .
- On July 23, 2019, Hainan Province issued a Notice to seek public feedback on the Inventory of Single-use Non-biodegradable Plastics Prohibited from Production, Sale and Use (Batch1) . The
- On July 11, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) and the Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) sent a notice  to local authorities in charge of development and reform and
- Takehome: In South Korea, the localization of semiconductor materials has been heatedly discussed, and MoE's environmental regulations are considered to be the main resistance to localization. MoE published an explanation
- Vietnam’s Prime Minister, Nguyen Xuan Phuc recently decided to establish a national operation center for eliminating toxic chemical hazards and minimizing environmental accidents.
- Takehome: In order to improve safety in the chemical sector, Shandong’s provincial government issued a notification on upcoming rectification work targeting chemical plants and parks.
China Concludes 1st Round of Central Government Environmental Inspections and Gears up for a New RoundIn mid-May 2019, China’s first round of central government environmental inspections and follow-up reviews were wrapped up. It is reported that the central government has been vigorously preparing for a new round of actions
- Takehome: G20 achieved consensus on formulating an international framework in order to reduce oceanic plastic waste, which will be the first international framework on oceanic plastic waste in the world.
- On May 24, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) introduced three national standards on emission of air pollutants, including the Standard for Fugitive Emission of Volatile Organic Compounds
- Takehome: MEE released the list of pilot “no-waste cities” and issued guidance documents for the compilation of local implementation schemes. The implementation of the pilot program poses numerous challenges for
- On April 27, 2019, Jiangsu’s provincial government released the Program of Jiangsu Province for Rectifying and Improving Safety and Environmental Regulation of Chemical Industry, making an ambitious pledge to overhaul the local chemical