- On Jan 3, 2019, MEE published a notice on 2019 quota allocation for ODS (Ozone Depleting Substances) manufacture, use and import, involving 6 HCFCs and carbon tetra chloride.
- Over the last couple of years China has incrementally increased the stringency and inclusivity of its multilateral embargo on imported wastes with a view to realizing a total ban on the import of overseas waste by 2020.
- China’s first national legislation on soil pollution, the Soil Pollution Prevention Law of People’s Republic of China, came into effect on January 1, 2019.
- On Dec 13, China MEE opened public consultation on the draft list of toxic and hazardous air pollutants (First Batch) (有毒有害大气污染物名录（第一批）). The public consultation period will end on Dec 28, 2018.
- On Dec 3, China MEE opened a period of public consultation on the draft Emission standard for odor pollutants. Public consultation will end on Jan 15, 2019.
- On Nov, 4th, a chemical leak of 6.97 metric tons of C9 happened in Quangang in Fujian Province in East China. The spill garnered significant attention amongst Chinese netizens not for the inherent dangers posed by C9, but rather for by the
- On Oct 18, MEE announced that use of HCFC-141b, a.k.a. Dichlorofluoroethane, will be prohibited in three industries, namely refrigerator & freezer , refrigerated containers  and water heaters  from Jan 1
- Recently, Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) jointly issued a notice on the work plan of air pollution control in the autumn and winter between 2018 and 2019 in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei area (关于印发《京津冀及周边地区2018-
- On Oct 15th 2018, The Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) of China publicized the discovery and closure of an illegal manufacturing plant producing CFC-11 in Henan Province. 3 suspects have been arrested and
- Recently, Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) announced the implementation situation of the Law of Environmental Protection and its supporting regulations and released the statistical data of
- On Sep 18th, 2018, State Council issued a notice, requiring the central governmental branches and local governments to optimize the current legislative/regulatory framework and ensure
- VOCs are one of China’s top priority air pollution rectification targets. China began emphasizing VOC emission control starting in 2012. Given the extreme importance of primary and secondary heavy
China’s Pollutant Emission Permit System: Accelerating Comprehensive Coverage and Nationwide ImplementationIn November 2016, China’s State Council published the Implementation Program of Pollutants Emission Permit System (控制污染物排放许可制实施方案）, which marked the beginning of implementation.
- The Environment Protection Tax Law was promulgated in Dec 2016 and related implementation regulation published in Dec 2017, both were implemented on Jan 1, 2018 to coincide with the cancellation of the pollutants emission fee. H1 2018
China’s New Soil Pollution Prevention Law Lays Final Foundation of Three Pronged Environmental Protection and Remediation StrategiesOn Friday Aug 31st 2018, China’s top legislature passed the “Soil Pollution Prevention Law of People’s Republic of China” (中华人民共和国土壤污染防治法). The new law fills the legal void on soil protection and will
- On Aug 20th, 2018, Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) issued a notice, updating the format of 3 documents related to the pollutants emission permit system.