China Consults on Technical Specification for Application and Issuance of Pollutant Discharge Permit for the Waste Resources Processing IndustryOn March 4, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) issued a notice  soliciting comments on the draft of its new standard, Technical Specification for Application and Issuance of Pollutant Discharge
- In Dec, 2018, New Zealand updated the Ozone Layer Protection Amendment Regulations 2018 to align with international conventions like the Montreal Protocol and its Kigali Amendment for reducing the levels of HFCs (
- On Jan 25, China MEE opened public consultation on the draft list of toxic and hazardous water pollutants (First Batch) (有毒有害水污染物名录（第一批）). The public consultation period will end on Feb 16, 2019.
- On Jan 23, 2019, China MEE officially published the list of toxic and hazardous air pollutants (First Batch) (有毒有害大气污染物名录（第一批）) after a short consultation in Dec 2018.
- China MIIT issued the revised Regulatory Standards for the Lithium-ion Battery Industry and the Interim Administrative Measures for the Regulatory Circular of the Lithium-ion Battery Industry.
- On January 14, 2019, China MEE issued a notice seeking feedback on revisions to Emission Standard of Pollutants for Petroleum Chemistry Industry (GB 31571-2015).
- On Jan 21st, 2019, China State Council issued a notice on the “Zero-waste” pilot city construction programs. The program details radical new measures designed to minimize solid waste and maximize recycling.
- On Jan 3, 2019, MEE published a notice on 2019 quota allocation for ODS (Ozone Depleting Substances) manufacture, use and import, involving 6 HCFCs and carbon tetra chloride.
- Over the last couple of years China has incrementally increased the stringency and inclusivity of its multilateral embargo on imported wastes with a view to realizing a total ban on the import of overseas waste by 2020.
- China’s first national legislation on soil pollution, the Soil Pollution Prevention Law of People’s Republic of China, came into effect on January 1, 2019.
- On Dec 3, China MEE opened a period of public consultation on the draft Emission standard for odor pollutants. Public consultation will end on Jan 15, 2019.
- On Nov, 4th, a chemical leak of 6.97 metric tons of C9 happened in Quangang in Fujian Province in East China. The spill garnered significant attention amongst Chinese netizens not for the inherent dangers posed by C9, but rather for by the
- On Oct 18, MEE announced that use of HCFC-141b, a.k.a. Dichlorofluoroethane, will be prohibited in three industries, namely refrigerator & freezer , refrigerated containers  and water heaters  from Jan 1
- Recently, Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) jointly issued a notice on the work plan of air pollution control in the autumn and winter between 2018 and 2019 in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei area (关于印发《京津冀及周边地区2018-
- On Oct 15th 2018, The Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) of China publicized the discovery and closure of an illegal manufacturing plant producing CFC-11 in Henan Province. 3 suspects have been arrested and
- Recently, Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) announced the implementation situation of the Law of Environmental Protection and its supporting regulations and released the statistical data of