- The catalog of goods subject to Taiwan RoHS has been appended. Three EEEs will need to comply with Taiwan RoHS from 1 Jan 2019.
Taiwan’s Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI) published its RoHS-like regulation CNS 15663 in 2013 prohibiting the use of six restricted substances in electrical and electronic equipment (EEEs). It came into effect from 1 Dec 2016.
The BSMI designated and announced EEEs into groups and set different deadlines for full compliance with Taiwan RoHS. So far most EEEs have already passed the deadline and require compliance with Taiwan RoHS. Three new products will require compliance with Taiwan RoHS from 1st of Jan 2019. Please see below table for details.
|1 Dec 2016|
|1 Jul 2017|
- Automatic data processing machines and others (6 items)
- Network media players and projectors
|1 Jan 2018|
- drinking water supplier
- Electric blankets and others (63 items)
- Fluorescent lamps and related electronic ballasts
- motors and others (32 items)
- Plugs and socket-outlets, adapters, cord sets and other related products
- Power supplier and others (7 items)
- Printing or copying machines
- Radio keyboard and others (92 items)
- Self-ballasted fluorescent lamps
|1 Jul 2018|
- Air conditioners, lighting and others (8 items)
- Loudspeaker and others (24 items)
|1 Jan 2019|
- Off-board charger of electric bicycle, off-board charger of electric assisted bicycle
- Power supplier for cigar lighters in a car
To conform to Taiwan RoHS requirements, the manufacturers or importers of EEEs should:
- Determine content of restricted substances by testing;
- Obtain a certificate of “registration of product certification” (商品验证登录证书);
- Label the “BSMI commodity inspection mark” and the “marking of presence” on the products
For more details, please refer to the Chempedia page for Taiwan RoHS.
You are a visitor, Please Login or Sign up for free
COPYRIGHT: You may circulate web links to the web and contents, but they are intended for your personal, non-commercial use only. For other use of any materials, you can contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
to seek consent. Find out more about our copyright policy here
CORRECTIONS: we do our best to provide you with accurate information. However sometimes errors slip under the radar. If you notice any errors contact us on: email@example.com
Content sharing or co-authoring: just send messages to our editor team.