1. Home
  2. News

New Zealand Consults On the Proposal to Increase HSNO Fees

  •   9 May 2018
  •    Ying Zhang
  •    1576
  •   Post a comment

    New Zealand EPA is seeking feedbacks on its proposed fee increases on hazardous substances and new organism application, and on the requirement for import certificates for explosives. The new fees are expected to be in place by 1 October 2018.

    The proposal covers two major changes: the costs of processing applications for hazardous substances and new organisms. and a review on whether there is a need for import certificates for explosives and novelty fireworks.

    The proposed fee amendment aims to recover a more reasonable proportion of the service costs under the HSNO act (Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act). Currently, the fees are only recovering 11% of the costs, while the remaining 89% is funded by the taxpayer.

    You are welcome to make an online submission (which EPA recommends) or Email EPA at fees.submissions@epa.govt.nz . You can also use this email address if you have any questions about the proposal. Before your submission, make sure read the following three documents: Quick summary: Our fees are changing (pdf 366KB)Our fees are changing - consultation document (pdf 1.48MB) ; and HSNO Fees Cost Recovery Impact Statement (pdf 447KB).

    *Please notice that the feedback portal will be closed on 21 May 2018.

    After the submissions, EPA will prepare a summary and place it on the official website at https://www.epa.govt.nz.


    You are a visitor, Please Login or Sign up for free

    Reference Links

    Share this:


    ChemLinked Editor

    COPYRIGHT: You may circulate web links to the web and contents, but they are intended for your personal, non-commercial use only. For other use of any materials, you can contact with editor@chemlinked.com to seek consent. Find out more about our copyright policy here.
    CORRECTIONS: we do our best to provide you with accurate information. However sometimes errors slip under the radar. If you notice any errors contact us on: editor@chemlinked.com
    Content sharing or co-authoring: just send messages to our editor team.