- 15 new substances have been designated as toxic chemicals and provided with classification and labeling information. They are still considered new chemicals and require new chemical registration under K-REACH.
On Sep 11th, 2019, South Korea’s National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER) announced the updates to the GHS Classification List, which came into effect immediately.
The major updates are summarized as below.
- Adding 15 toxic chemical substances (Given No. 2019-1-916~2019-1-930) with corresponding classification information, pictograms, signal words, hazard statements, M factors and UN No.
* The 15 substance have already undergone toxicity assessment under K-REACH and were designated as toxic chemical substances by NIER Announcement No. 2019-34 on Sep 10th, 2019.
- Updating the classification information of one substances (Given No. 2019-1-903; CAS No.216970-21-7) previously designated
The updates details are accessible here.
It should be noted that all these substances are still considered new chemical substances in South Korea. Manufacturers or importers of these substances (other than the original registrants) should still apply for new chemical registration under K-REACH before manufacture or importation.
* The last update to the GHS classification list was finished in May 2019 by NIER Announcement No. 2019-8 (CL news).