- Amendments regarding SDS submission and CBI application have been passed and incorporated into the revised K-OSHA as Law No. 16272 on Jan 15th, 2019.
- The new SDS rules will come into force two years after promulgation.
South Korea’s National Assembly finished the final review of the amendments to the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) on Dec 27th, 2018. The bill was signed into law on Jan 15th, 2019 as Law No. 16272. The Act was overhauled to include 175 articles, while the current version only has 72 articles. The major amendments include:
- expanding the coverage of K-OSHA
- granting workers the right to terminate labor contract
- preventing risks in the gold-plating industry
- preparing and submitting safety data sheets (SDS)
- increasing penalties for breaches of K-OSHA
The complete text of this article is only available to standard/corporate members. Click here to upgrade your membership or know the premium benefits. You are welcome to apply for a 14-day free trail to experience the benefits.