- Three regulations for management of toxic chemicals and concerned chemicals in Taiwan were revised and issued for public consultation (ending Oct 7th).
- Approval management of Class 4 toxic chemicals will be incorporated into the existing permit, registration and approval management system of Class 1 to Class 3 toxic chemicals.
- Monthly reporting of handling quantity will be required even if there is no change to the handling quantity or if the handling quantity is zero.
- Label elements can be provided either on fold-out labels, tie-on tags and outer packaging in accordance with Taiwan GHS.
The new Toxic and Chemical Substances of Concern Control Act (TCSCCA), previously known as the Toxic Chemical Substance Control Act (TCSCA) will be fully implemented on Jan 16th, 2020 (CL news). As planned more than 30 subordinate regulations will be revised or fleshed out to align with the updates in the Act this year. On Aug 8th, 2019, Taiwan EPA issued the draft amendments of three administrative regulations for public comments lasting 60 days, including
- Permit, Registration and Approval Regulations for Toxic Chemical Substances
- Toxic Chemical Substances Handling and Release Quantity Recording Regulations
- Toxic Chemical Substances Labeling and Safety Data Sheet Regulations