- Takehome: MoE has reiterated its stance on the importance of CCA and K-REACH in safeguarding national safety and preventing chemical accidents. MoE used the 2011 humidifier disinfectant disaster and the 2012 Gumi
- Takehome Classification and labeling information will be updated for 7 previously published toxic substances and 2 accident precaution chemicals. 33 substances will be designated as toxic chemicals providing with
- On July 30th, 2019, Standardization Administration of China (SAC) publicly announced the schedule for development of “The Norm of Carbon Emission Caps per Unit Product of Petroleum and Chemical Industry” on the national
- Takehome: Japan’s Cabinet has approved the removal of South Korea from its whitelist of preferential export screening partners, which will take effect on Aug 28th. South Korea will institute temporary preferential measures to help
- Takehome: China MOT released the new draft of Regulations on the Management of Domestic Waterway Transport. Some provisions involving dangerous goods transport were added.
- On July 9th 2019, the Department of Ecology and Environment of Jiangsu Province released a notice opening the public feedback period on the draft version of Environmental Accident Risk Assessment Guide for Industrial Park. The
- Takehome: Zhejiang released a notice mandating that hazardous chemical transport vehicles will be prohibited from driving on the highways within the province from 0 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- On July 31, 2019, the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Ministry of the Environment (MOE), and Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) released the Joint Notice No.2 , announcing the names
- Recently, People’s Government of Jiangxi Province published the Emission Standard of VOCs, which is divided into six parts relating to printing industry, organic chemical industry, pharmaceutical industry, plastic manufacturing
- On Jul 23th, 2019, China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) published on its website the List of Toxic and Hazardous Water Pollutants (1st Batch) .
- On July 24, 2019, the Ministry of Emergency Management (MEM) sent a notice to all the provincial governments and relevant central enterprises for comments on the Guideline on Security Risk Investigation and
- Takehome: Guangzhou Municipality released a notice to seek public feedback on its Catalogue of Prohibited, Restricted, and Controlled Hazardous Chemicals (Trial). The Catalogue involves 145 hazardous
- On July 23, 2019, Hainan Province issued a Notice to seek public feedback on the Inventory of Single-use Non-biodegradable Plastics Prohibited from Production, Sale and Use (Batch1) . The
- South Korea’s pre-registration of existing chemical substances ended on Jun 30th, 2019. Registrants that missed the pre-registration deadline, are in principle ineligible for follow-up manufacture or import in South Korea.
- On July 23, MOFCOM released Announcement No. 32 of 2019, marking the beginning of a one-year anti-dumping investigation on imported n-Propanol (abbreviated NPA) originating from the United States. Under certain conditions the
China Releases Measures for Public Security Administration of Explosive Precursor Hazardous ChemicalsTakehome: China MPS released the Measures for Public Security Administration of Explosive Precursor Hazardous Chemicals on 6th July, which will take effect on 10th August. Compared with the draft