China Concludes 1st Round of Central Government Environmental Inspections and Gears up for a New RoundIn mid-May 2019, China’s first round of central government environmental inspections and follow-up reviews were wrapped up. It is reported that the central government has been vigorously preparing for a new round of actions
- Takehome: G20 achieved consensus on formulating an international framework in order to reduce oceanic plastic waste, which will be the first international framework on oceanic plastic waste in the world.
- Interest in South Korea’s REACH-like regulation (K-REACH) amongst stakeholders is at an all-time high as the June 30th, 2019 pre-registration deadline fast approaches. Some officials from the Ministry of
- Thailand’s Hazardous Substance Act has been revised three times since it was first issued in 1992. The latest Amendment of the Hazardous Substance Act was published in the Thai Government Gazette on Apr 30th,
- Takehome: Under new amendments to the CCA regulation, Korea will implement a new chemical information verification and declaration system. The authority will assign a universal tracking number for declared
- The revised Act on Registration, Evaluation, etc. of Chemical Substances (K-REACH) entered into force on Jan 1st, 2019. Previously, simplified registration was applied to new chemical substances in quantities less than 1 t/
- South Korea’s Provisions for Statistical Survey on Chemical Substances was revised and published by MoE’s Announcement No.2019-96 on May 31st, 2019. The amendments came into effect immediately.
- Takehome: MIIT issued a new mandatory national standard: Rare Earth Productions Packing, Marking, Transport and Storage, and is currently seeking feedback from the public. The packing, marking, transport, storage and quality
China MEM to Formulate “Two Guiding Rules” on Risk Investigation of Chemical Parks and Hazardous Chemical IndustryTakehome: 1.China’s Ministry of Emergency Management is formulating “Two Guiding Rules” on risk investigation of chemical parks and hazardous chemical industry. 2. The risk associated with chemical, metal and non-
- On May 24, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) introduced three national standards on emission of air pollutants, including the Standard for Fugitive Emission of Volatile Organic Compounds
MOFCOM Initiates Expiry Review Investigation on Acetone Imported from Japan, Singapore, South Korea and TaiwanTakehome: China MOFCOM decided to conduct an expiry review investigation of anti-dumping measures on acetone imported from Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan since June 8, 2019.
- China's packaging industry is gargantuan, with over 200,000 manufacturers, involved in the production of tens of thousands of product categories.
- The amended K-REACH requires all existing substances that are manufactured or imported in quantities at or above one tonne per year to be registered. Existing chemical substances pre-registered before Jun 30th, 2019 will be
- Takehome: NCIA released a new draft of Technical Requirement for Low VOC Content Coatings Product and sought feedback from the public. The limits of the VOC content in water-based coatings, solvent-based coatings,
- Takehome: MoE has proposed a new chemical safety management program based on findings that indicate the current requirements as mandated by the Chemical Control Act (CCA) are inadequate to ensure safety during handling/
- On May 29, 2019, the Department of Industry and Information Technology of Shandong Province issued a notice seeking feedback on the Administrative Measures of Shandong Province on Chemical