- Takehome: Pre-registration of existing substances (≥1t/y) before 30 Jun 2019 is necessary to be eligible for the phase-in registration grace period. Manufacturers/importers/OR need to pick up the pace as the pre-registration
China Consults on Safety Regulations for Prevention of Dust Explosions in Industrial and Trade EnterprisesThe MEM issued the draft Safety Regulations for Prevention of Dust Explosions in Industrial and Trade Enterprises, aiming to establish a permanent mechanism on dust explosion prevention.
- On Feb 14, 2019, China MEM (Ministry of Emergency Management) published the key work arrangement on hazardous chemicals supervision and control in 2019. The work arrangement focuses on oil-gas pipeline and fireworks
- Taiwan’s Occupational Safety and Health Authority under MoL issued in Dec 2018 a list of 572 substances subject to Phase 2 management of “priority management chemicals”, which will come into force on 1 Apr 2019. The list
China Consults on Third Draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous GoodsOn February 15, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published the third draft of Measures for the Safety Administration of Road Transport of Dangerous Goods for public consultation.
- MEE promulgated 1594 scientific research record notifications of new chemical substances in two batches on Jan 24 and Feb 11, 2019. Together with the data published on regular notifications and simplified notifications
21 Chemical Manufacturing Industries to be included in the New Catalogue of Encouraged Foreign Investment IndustriesOn January 1, 2019, the NDRC and the MOFCOM jointly issued a notice seeking feedback on the new Catalogue of Encouraged Foreign Investment Industries.
- On Jan 25, China MEE opened public consultation on the draft list of toxic and hazardous water pollutants (First Batch) (有毒有害水污染物名录（第一批）). The public consultation period will end on Feb 16, 2019.
- On Jan 19, 2019, Taiwan’s Environmental Protection Administration Executive Yuan (EPA) released the Draft Volatile Organic Compound Content Limits for Architectural Coatings and Industrial Maintenance Coatings（建物及工业维护涂料挥发性有机物成分标准（草案
- On February 1, 2019, the Consumer New Zealand released a new guide to help protect New Zealand people from hazardous domestic chemicals. The research and production of the guide was funded by the Environmental Protection
- Takehome: China is to adopt a regulation on chemical environmental risk assessment and control similar to Canada CEPA, U.S. TSCA and Japan CSCL, rather than a REACH-like regulation. The industry welcomes changes to new
- Takehome: South Korea’s Existing Chemicals Inventory (KECI) was updated to include 44,478 substances. The KECI will not be appended in the future.
- On Jan 23, 2019, China MEE officially published the list of toxic and hazardous air pollutants (First Batch) (有毒有害大气污染物名录（第一批）) after a short consultation in Dec 2018.
- China MIIT issued the revised Regulatory Standards for the Lithium-ion Battery Industry and the Interim Administrative Measures for the Regulatory Circular of the Lithium-ion Battery Industry.
- On November 19, 2018, Chinese State Administration for Market Regulation and Standardization Administration announced the release of the revised Identification of Major Hazard Installations for Hazardous Chemicals (GB 18218-2018). It
- On Jan 15, 2019, Shenzhen Administration of Work Safety published Shenzhen’s first batch of banned, restricted and controlled hazardous chemicals catalog. It will be implemented on Apr 1st 2019 and will