Taiwan Releases the Permit Registration and Approval Regulations for Toxic and Concerned Chemical SubstancesTakehome: Taiwan EPA released the revised Permit Registration and Approval Regulations for Toxic and Concerned Chemical Substances and repealed the Approval Regulations for Class 4 Toxic Chemical
- Takehome: Chinese authorities released new rules to tighten restrictions on the production, sale and use of disposable plastic products and ease environmental challenges associated with plastics. A
- As revealed by a SAMR announcement issued on Jan. 16, 2020, 3110 batches of food-related products from 3097 enterprises were inspected during the recent national sampling, of which the overall qualification rate reached 95.1%.
- Takehome: The detailed notification and licensing process of hazardous substances transit are stipulated in the DIW Notice, as well as supplemented provisions for applicants. The Notice also provides the standard formats of
- Takehome: China MEM is soliciting comments on the second draft of the Law on Safety Management of Hazardous Chemicals from emergency management administrations at various levels. The draft Law defines the
- Takehome: Based on the approved amendment to the Annex on Chemicals of Chemical Weapons Convention, China proposed to add 4 categories of chemicals to the List of Monitored Chemicals.
- On January 10, 2020, the Safe Work Australia (SWA) announced in a press release  that its members have agreed to practice the 7th revised edition of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of
- Takehome: Taiwan EPA published the new Toxic and Concerned Chemical Substances Labelling and SDS Regulation. The revised Regulation will come into effect on January 16, 2020, the same implementation date as Taiwan TCCSCA.
- Takehome: 47 new chemical substances were added to the IECSC. There is no tonnage limit after they are listed as existing chemicals in the IECSC. 47 new chemical substances were added to China’s Inventory of Existing Chemical Substances (IECSC) on January 3,
- Takehome: A new draft revision of the Inventory of Hazardous Wastes was published for public comments. More exemptions were drafted. Three months after China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) released the last draft revision of the Inventory of
- Takehome: The Act details the export control measures for dual-use items, military products, and nuclear products. The export control measures include establishing control lists, implementing export licensing, etc.
- Takehome: China published the 2020 version of the Inventory of Severely Restricted Toxic Chemicals to exercise restrictive measures targeting specified chemicals.
MEM Officially Issues the Guideline for Hazchem Enterprises on Emergency Preparations for Production Safety AccidentsTakehome: The Guideline introduces the fourteen essential factors in the emergency preparation and provides a worksheet containing the specifics of these factors as annex for reference. The emergency management
- On December 24, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) published a notice , announcing revisions to 13 ministerial orders and documents. One of them is the Provisions on the Administration of the Road Transport of
Taiwan Publishes Revised Principles for Screening and Identification of Toxic Substances and Substances of ConcernOn December 23rd, 2019, Taiwan EPA announced the amendments of the Principles for Screening and Identification of Toxic Chemical Substances. The Principles were updated according to the new Toxic and Concerned Chemical
- Takehome: Japan MHLW proposed to designate six more poisonous or deleterious substances. On December 5, 2019, the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) held an internal meeting. Based on preliminary