- On July 11, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) and the Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) sent a notice  to local authorities in charge of development and reform and
- On July 19, an explosion rocked a coal-to-gas plant in Yima, Sanmenxia in Central China’s Henan Province. According to the latest report, fifteen people were killed, five people are missing, and
- Takehome: Vietnam submitted the draft of “National Technical Regulation on Safety of Secondary Lithium Batteries” to WTO for comments collection. The draft describes the quality certification requirements of
- Takehome: In South Korea, the localization of semiconductor materials has been heatedly discussed, and MoE's environmental regulations are considered to be the main resistance to localization. MoE published an explanation
- Takehome: The List of hazardous factors was updated for children’s supplies. The MoE will conduct risk assessment of children’s supplies on the hazardous factors. Restriction or prohibition will be imposed on the children
- Global investment in clean energy fell to a five-year low in H1 2019, registering a total amount of USD 117.6 billion and a decline of 14%, says BloombergNEF. 
- Recently, New Zealand EPA released an update to the New Zealand Inventory of Chemicals (NZloC). A total of 159 chemical substances have been newly added into the original NZloC, the inventory “status”* of three chemical
China MOT Consults on Program for Management of Atmospheric Tank Vehicles for Transporting Liquid Dangerous GoodsOn July 5, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) released a notice to seek feedback on the Program for Management of Atmospheric Tank Vehicles for Transporting Liquid Dangerous Goods. The public
- Takehome: The draft amendments of MEP Order 7 were issued for public consultation. Exemptions are offered to small volume new substances imported or manufactured in volumes under 100kg a year for R&D purposes. The draft
- South Korea’s pre-registration of existing chemical substances ended on 30 June 2019. The Ministry of Environment (MoE) then issued on Jul 8th a notice which grants registrants a chance to directly supplement or update the
- Takehome： Japan announced that it will remove South Korea from the “whitelist” in the Export Trade Management Order through an amendment act, and South Korea’s imports from Japan will lose preferential treatment.
- Taiwan is to prohibit the manufacture, importation and export of a range of mercury-added products in accordance with the Minamata Convention on Mercury from Jan 1st, 2021.
- On July 3, 2019, the Safe Work Australia (SWA) opened a consultation on the proposal to adopt an updated version of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) for management of
- The informal draft of positive lists of additives and polymers used in food contact materials was disclosed, however the official consultation draft is expected to face the public in July or August.
- Vietnam’s Prime Minister, Nguyen Xuan Phuc recently decided to establish a national operation center for eliminating toxic chemical hazards and minimizing environmental accidents.
- Takehome: China MEE released a comprehensive plan to strengthen the management of VOCs in key industries such as petrochemical, coating, packaging and printing, oil storage, gas station and so on. The plan describes the current