- The latest version of the Vietnamese National Chemicals Inventory contains 4927 chemicals. Mr. LE Viet Thang from Vietnam Chemicals Agency expected the final version of the inventory would come out in 1 or 2 years’ time.
- Ms. Somsri from Thailand’s Department of Industrial Works expects that the 1st version of the inventory of existing chemicals will come out later this year.
- Mr. Weibing Xing from China Electronics Standardization Institute (CESI) talked about the latest version of China RoHS and its implementation at ChemCon Asia 2017 in Beijing.
- Takehome: 510 PECs need to be registered under K-REACH before 30 June 2018. Only 315 PECs have finished the lead registration (LR) election. More than 100 PECs had no manufacture or importation records thus there is no
- Takehome: The issuance of updated Guidance for China new chemical notification is still pending. The data requirements in the revised Guidance are supposed to be published individually.
Taiwan to Release Priority Existing Chemical Substances Subject to Standard Registration under TCSCATakehome: Taiwan EPA will release three batches of priority existing chemical substances (PECs) subject to standard registration under Taiwan TCSCA. Corresponding registration timeline has been set. The first batch
- On May 31st, Chinese Ministry of Public Security (MPS) published on its website the latest version of the Catalogue of Chemicals That Can Be Used in Explosives.
- On 2 Jun 2017, China MEP issued the fifth batch of China new chemical substance notifications (China NCSN, a.k.a China REACH) to be approved in 2017 for public consultation. If no objections are submitted until 4 Jun 2017
- The Initiative of Jointly Building the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road (hereinafter referred to as the “Belt and Road”) was first proposed in late 2013, aiming to strengthen regional economic
- A Council Order in Canada has been approved recently which will postpone the implementation dates of GHS requirements on manufacturers and importers.
- South Korea’s National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER) published on 4 May 2017 guidelines for acceptance of alternative data that can be used instead of test reports generated by a GLP laboratory for chemical
China MEP Consults on Executing Special Limitations for Air Pollutants in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei RegionOn 18th May, 2017, China MEP published a notice relating to the execution of special limitation for air pollutants in Beijin-Tianjin-Hebei region (Hereafter as BTH region) until 25th May, 2017. From
- Chinese MEP published a draft revision on the Measures on Daily-based Penalties of Environmental Protection Authorities on May 18th 2017 and proposed to make the penalty measures even harsher.
- Chinese MEP carried out three national standards on enterprises’ self-monitor of pollutants emission. These standards will go effective from June 1st 2017.
- Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare (MHLW) issued a notice on a revision to the Cabinet Order for Enforcement of Industrial Safety and Health Act and sought opinion from the public. The public
- Shanghai SEPB answered questions from the industry regarding the determination of hazardous wastes.