The Chemical Registration Center (CRC) of the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP) of China announced the "Catalogue of Toxic Chemicals Severely Restricted on Importing and Exporting in China" on 7 January 2010. Companies that import and export chemical substances covered in the Catalogue in China should apply to MEP for procedures for importing and exporting toxic chemicals. The announcement has come into force since 1 January 2010.
The new substances added into the "Catalogue of Toxic Chemicals Severely Restricted on Importing and Exporting in China (2010 Version)" are:
- Bis(tributyltin)oxide (TBTO)
- Tributyl tin fluoride (TBTF)
- Tributyl tin chloride (TBTC)
- Tributyltin methacrylate (TBTM)
- tributylstannyl benzoate
- Stannane, tributyl-, mono(naphthenoyloxy) derivs.