Published on April 10th, 2019, South Korea's Ministry of Environment (MoE) is now consulting on the updates to the Existing Chemical Inventory (KECI) by MoE Notice No. 2019-214.
South Korea’s Existing Chemical Inventory consists of two parts:
- Annex 1 of 37,088 chemical substances domestically circulated in Korea prior to Feb 2nd, 1991; and
- Annex 2 of 7,390 chemical substances published by MoE after hazard evaluation under TCCA after Feb 2th, 1991.
The proposed updates to KECI include:
- Adding 1 substance (KE-35662) into Annex 1
- Updating chemical name of three substances (KE-03386, KE-08677, KE-34673) in Annex 1
- Deleting 5 non-toxic substances (KE No. 2015-3-6230, 2015-3-6253, 2015-3-6257, 2015-3-6258, 2015-3-6460) from Annex 2
- Adding 2 substances (given KE No. 2019-3-7260, 2019-3-7261) into Annex 2
- Disclosing the chemical name of 304 substances (They previously applied for confidential information protection with only generic names and the validity for data protection has expired) in Annex 2
The details are accessible here.
The last updates to the KECI were made in Feb 2019 by MoE Announcement No. 2019-32 (CL news).