- On Jan 25, China MEE opened public consultation on the draft list of toxic and hazardous water pollutants (First Batch) (有毒有害水污染物名录（第一批）). The public consultation period will end on Feb 16, 2019.
- On Jan 19, 2019, Taiwan’s Environmental Protection Administration Executive Yuan (EPA) released the Draft Volatile Organic Compound Content Limits for Architectural Coatings and Industrial Maintenance Coatings（建物及工业维护涂料挥发性有机物成分标准（草案
- On February 1, 2019, the Consumer New Zealand released a new guide to help protect New Zealand people from hazardous domestic chemicals. The research and production of the guide was funded by the Environmental Protection
- Takehome: China is to adopt a regulation on chemical environmental risk assessment and control similar to Canada CEPA, U.S. TSCA and Japan CSCL, rather than a REACH-like regulation. The industry welcomes changes to new
- Takehome: South Korea’s Existing Chemicals Inventory (KECI) was updated to include 44,478 substances. The KECI will not be appended in the future.
- On Jan 23, 2019, China MEE officially published the list of toxic and hazardous air pollutants (First Batch) (有毒有害大气污染物名录（第一批）) after a short consultation in Dec 2018.
- China MIIT issued the revised Regulatory Standards for the Lithium-ion Battery Industry and the Interim Administrative Measures for the Regulatory Circular of the Lithium-ion Battery Industry.
- On November 19, 2018, Chinese State Administration for Market Regulation and Standardization Administration announced the release of the revised Identification of Major Hazard Installations for Hazardous Chemicals (GB 18218-2018). It
- On Jan 15, 2019, Shenzhen Administration of Work Safety published Shenzhen’s first batch of banned, restricted and controlled hazardous chemicals catalog. It will be implemented on Apr 1st 2019 and will
- On 28 Jan 2019, China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) issued the first batch of 156 simplified notifications that have been approved in 2019.
- On January 14, 2019, China MEE issued a notice seeking feedback on revisions to Emission Standard of Pollutants for Petroleum Chemistry Industry (GB 31571-2015).
- Takehome: China MEE issued a draft regulation on chemical assessment and control. The regulation will affect manufacturers, processors, users and importers of chemicals. The deadline for public comment is 20 February 2019.
- On Jan 21st, 2019, China State Council issued a notice on the “Zero-waste” pilot city construction programs. The program details radical new measures designed to minimize solid waste and maximize recycling.
- On January 11, 2019, the Australian government announced that it will further delay the implementation of the Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme (AICIS), which is now scheduled to be implemented in
China Consults on the Measures for Public Security Administration of Explosive Precursor Hazardous ChemicalsChina MPS released the Measures for Public Security Administration of Explosive Precursor Hazardous Chemicals for public consultation.
- China MOT issued 11 transport industry standards, made revisions to JT/T 999-2015, and repealed 4 other industry standards at the same time.